The sustainability objectives SEA intends to pursue in the short to medium term derive from three main sources:
- the evolution of sustainability strategy governance processes;
- the Regulatory Agreement - sub-period 2016 to 2020, signed with the Italian Civil Aviation Authority (ENAC) on November 26, 2015 for the area concerning environmental objectives and services quality;
- sustainable competitive performance quality innovation and improvement programs promoted by individual company departments and shared with the Sustainability Committee.
This formulation is preparatory to the future definition of a comprehensive and integrated Sustainability Plan in corporate strategy.
The following objectives were categorised in relation to their connection with:
- the business challenges included in the 2016-2021 Business Plan;
- the issues of the materiality matrix
- the Sustainable Development Goals
as shown in the table below.
Alignment between Business Challenges, Materiality Issues, SDGs and Sustainability Objectives
|Strategic business challenges||Material aspect||SDGs|
|QUALITY OF THE MANAGEMENT AND DEVELOPMENT OF THE CAPITAL INFRASTRUCTURE||
|BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT AVIATION||
|BUSINESS GROWTH NON-AVIATION||
|EFFICIENCY AND PRODUCTIVITY||
|QUALITY AND DIGITALISATION OF PASSENGER SERVICES||